The role of the Laborer is to assist the pipe lining crew and video assessment crew by performing a number of supportive tasks. These tasks include everything from preparing equipment and materials, to offering physical labor and excavation work, to assisting with video assessments and Cured-In-Place-Pipelining (CIPP) installations. The duties and responsibilities are described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent TPR with professionalism and integrity. Assure customer expectations are met or exceeded in a manner that maximizes profitability without compromising safety or quality standards.
- Work effectively with supervisors and all members of the crew to ensure successful inspections, cleanings, repairs and rehabilitation of sewer, drain and conduit pipes.
- Load materials and equipment into vehicles for transportation to and from the job site.
- Set up traffic controls, safety equipment, and CIPP installation equipment at the job site.
- Assist in measuring, marking, and preparing CIPP materials for installation.
- Assist equipment operators however needed so that they can effectively complete the work.
- Enter manholes when necessary.
- Ensure the site is left clean before the crew leaves.
- Clean vehicles, equipment and keep the shop organized and clean.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Comply with all government and corporate safety procedures.
Skills and Specifications
- Capable of following instructions and on-the-job training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic or advanced math skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of simple and complex tools.
Education and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a physical labor position and/or outdoor construction preferred.
- Ability to work overtime and out of town.
- Ability to enter and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks and lift over 50 lbs.
- First Aid, and Confined Space an asset.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test, D.O.T. physical and driver’s license check for past 36 months without any suspensions or major traffic violations (D.O.T. requirements).
- Per diem compensation or travel reimbursement.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off, sick leave and holidays.
- Annual employee celebration.
- Uniforms and company branded merchandise.
- LifeLock (identity theft protection)