Lead CCTV / Cutter Operator
The role of the Lead CCTV/Cutter Operator is to perform CCTV/cutter duties in a safe, efficient and productive manner. The CCTV/Cutter operator must oversee the laborers of the video assessment crew to ensure all work on the job site is done correctly. He or she teaches and leads by example, works alongside the laborers and assists in other tasks. The duties and responsibilities of the Lead CCTV/Cutter Operator are described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent TPR with professionalism and integrity. Assure customer expectations are met or exceeded in a manner that maximizes profitability without compromising safety or quality standards.
- Work effectively with supervisors and inspectors to ensure successful assessments, cleanings, repairs and rehabilitation of sewer, drain and conduit pipes.
- Be the lead worker on the job site; assigning tasks to Laborers and ensuring work is done correctly.
- Report to the Foreman the status of jobs, including an account of daily hours for the crew, and communicate both positive and negative feedback.
- Load materials and equipment into vehicles and drive the various vehicles (box vans, trucks with trailers, etc.) to and from the job site.
- Handle issues that are escalated from the Foreman and resolve them timely and courteously with the client.
- Identify and evaluate new bid projects estimating the material, equipment and workers needed.
- Set up traffic controls and safety equipment at the job site.
- Operate and troubleshoot CCTV/Cutter equipment, cameras and controls to determine if cleaning and/or repairs are needed.
- Record the conditions of host pipes and service connections utilizing CCTV.
- Perform NASCO code assessments of mainlines, laterals and manholes.
- Document and produce accurate assessment reports, complete necessary paperwork, DOT logs, etc.
- Maintain and keep inventory of equipment, tools, and parts.
- Pass out notices to residents and businesses as instructed.
- Help in training other employees.
- Work in diverse environments including confined spaces, manholes, heights, sanitary and storm sewers.
- Interpret blueprints and maps.
- Ensure the site is left clean before the crew leaves.
- Clean vehicles, equipment and keep the shop organized and clean.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Comply with all government and corporate safety procedures.
Skills and Specifications
- Capable of giving clear instructions and training others.
- Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Basic or advanced math skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of simple and complex tools.
- Mechanically inclined.
Education and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of sewer rehabilitation experience preferred but not necessary.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with CCTV/Cutter operations.
- Must be able to enter and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work overtime and out of town.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks and lift over 50 lbs.
- First Aid, CPR, confined space entry and competent person training.
- NASCO PACP, MACP, LACP, certified.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test, D.O.T. physical and driver’s license check for past 36 months without any suspensions or major traffic violations (D.O.T. requirements).
- Per diem compensation or travel reimbursement.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off, sick leave and holidays.
- Annual employee celebration.
- Uniforms and company branded merchandise.
- LifeLock (identity theft protection)