The role of the Project Manager (PM) is to oversee the entire service divisions including the pipe lining crew and video inspection crew. The PM meets regularly with Foremen to review projects and direct them in any necessary changes to ensure the projects are successful. Controlling costs and developing effective reporting for the service division is key to this role. The PM is also responsible for bid projects and manages everything from identifying projects and submitting proposals, to reviewing contracts, handling required paperwork, scheduling and customer relations. The duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager are described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent TPR with professionalism and integrity. Assure customer expectations are met or exceeded in a manner that maximizes profitability without compromising safety or quality standards.
- Proactively manage all members of the service division to ensure successful inspections, cleanings, repairs and rehabilitation of sewer, drain and conduit pipes.
- Create clear and attainable project objectives that are within the company’s affordability.
- Track all projects and provide reporting of job costs and profitability to superiors and Foremen.
- Maintain close communication with Foremen by meeting regularly to ensure all projects are properly managed and are meeting projected cost, time and quality objectives.
- Handle issues that are escalated from the Foreman and resolve them timely and courteously with the client.
- Identify and evaluate new bid projects estimating the material, equipment and workers needed.
- Oversee all bid projects: contract management, scheduling, ordering materials, supplies and equipment.
- Develop a training program and ensure all service team members are properly trained.
- Help in the recruitment of new staff for the service division.
- Build relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed for jobs.
- Research new equipment and products to help improve services.
- Drive various vehicles (box vans, trucks with trailers, etc.) to haul crews and equipment.
Skills and Specifications
- Capable of giving clear instructions and training others.
- Excellent leadership and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient with computers and able to create proposals, project reporting, and professional correspondence.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel, Outlook and Word).
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of personnel.
- Experience working in the construction industry is a plus.
- Experience with Cured-In-Place Pipelining (C.I.P.P.) is a plus.
- Ability to work overtime and out of town.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks and lift over 50 lbs.
- First Aid, CPR, confined space entry and competent person training.
- NASCO PACP, MACP, LACP, certified.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test, D.O.T. physical and driver’s license check for past 36 months without any suspensions or major traffic violations (D.O.T. requirements).
- Per diem compensation or travel reimbursement.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off, sick leave and holidays.
- Annual employee celebration.
- Uniforms and company branded merchandise.
- LifeLock (identity theft protection)